Recordings by Dead Meadow bassist Steve Kille in his mountain studio above sunny Los Angeles. Also the west coast home of indie record label Xemu Records.
Steve Kille is a producer/engineer and member of the band Dead Meadow and occasionally Pink Mountaintops. Some of the most recent artists he’s worked with are Kim Deal (The Breeders, Pixies), Matt Hollywood (ex-BJM), DTCV (ex-Guided By Voices), Strangers Family Band and The Carrions, as well as his own band Dead Meadow.
SOME OF THE STUDIO GEAR LIST INCLUDES:
– Tascam M-16 16-channel early 80’s analog mixer
– Tascam TSR-8 reel-to-reel 8-track tape machine
– Neve 4081 preamp
– Ampex 600 “1953” tube preamp
-16-track input Pro-Tools HD 10 with Focusrite Octopre preamps
– Extensive plugin suites, Waves and UAD
– Beyerdynamic M-160 ribbon mics (2)
– Peluso 2247 (Neumann U47 clone)
– stack of Beyerdymanic mics (M69’s, M88’s), Shure (SM58’s, SM57’s)
– Audio-Technica (AT4040, AT4050) mics
– Shure SM7
– Studer A820 mix-down reel-to-reel
– Roland RE-201 Space Echo, misc. gadgets